- The New Derrida, Co-authored with Peter Gratton, London: Bloomsbury (Under Contract).
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- “'I made a mistake. He wadn’t for sale:' Resistance to Evil and the Positive Ethics of McCarthy’s The Orchard Keeper.” Co-authored Jonathan Elmore. Mississippi Quarterly (Forthcoming)
- “'He wondered why a road should come to such a place': Community and Posthumanism in Cormac McCarthy's Outer Dark” Co-authored Jonathan Elmore. The Cormac McCarthy Journal (Forthcoming).
- "'You can stay here with your papa and die or you can go with me': The Ethical Imperative of The Road," Co-authored with Jonathan Elmore, The Cormac McCarthy Journal (Fall 2018), pp. 133-48.
- "Identity, Exchange, and Violence: The Importance of Marxism for Reconciling Adorno's Metaphysics and Politics" Symposium (Spring 2018), pp. 210-27.
- “The Hybrid Turn: What the Figure of the Vampire Hunter Tells Us about the Humanities in the 21st Century,” Co-authored with Jonathan Elmore, Readings: A Journal for Scholars and Readers, (January 25, 2017).
- "Human Become Coin: Neoliberalism, Anthropology, and Human Possibilities in No Country for Old Men," Co-authored with Jonathan Elmore. The Cormac McCarthy Journal, Vol. 14, No. 2 (2016), pp. 168-85.
- “Revisiting Violence and Life in the Early Work of Jacques Derrida.” Symploke 20, no. 1-2 (2012): 35-52.
- “Simulation and Symbolic Exchange: Jean Baudrillard’s Augmentation of Marx’s Theory of Value.” Co-authored with Andrew Koch. Politics & Policy 34, no. 3 (2006): 556-75.
Peer-Reviewed Book Chapters
- “Impossible Friends: Arendt and Critical Theory.” The Bloombury Companion to Hannah Arendt. Bloomsbury (forthcoming).
- "The Secret Fate of All Pessimism?: Time, Determinism, and Eternal Recurrence in True Detective Season One" in True Detective: Critical Essays on the HBO Series. Edited by Michael Samuel and Scott Stoddart. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books (2018), pp. 85-101.
- "Biopolitics," Edinburgh Companion to Animal Studies. Edited by Lynn Turner, Undine Sellbach, and Ron Broglio. Edinburgh University Press (2018), pp. 80-93.
- "Loving Rust's Pessimism: Rationalism and Emotion in True Detective Season One", Philosophy and True Detective. Edited by Tom Sparrow. New York: Routledge (2017, 31-41).
- "Pessimism, or the Importance of Indifference, Time, and Violence in Realist Ontologies" in Marie Eve Morin, ed., Continental Realism and its Discontents, Edinburgh UP (2017), pp. 100-16.
- “Ecological Experience: Aesthetics, Life, and the Shudder in Adorno’s Critical Theory” in The Aesthetic Ground of Critical Theory, edited by Nathan Ross, Rowman and Littlefield (2015), pp. 145-57.
- “The bindings are there as a safeguard: Sovereignty and Political Decisions in BioShock Infinite," in BioShock and Philosophy. Edited by Luke Cuddy. Routledge (2015), pp. 97-106.
Dictionary Entries and Commentaries
- “Troubling Lines: The Process of Addressing in Derrida’s The Post Card.” Going Postcard. Brooklyn: Punctum Books. (2017, 59-63).
- “Katerina Kolozova’s Towards a Radical Metaphysics of Socialism: Introduction” Syndicate Philsoophy, Decmeber 16, 2016. “https://syndicate.network/symposia/philosophy/toward-a-radical-metaphysics-of-socialism/
- “Object Oriented Ontology,” “Speculative Realism,” “OOO Critiques of Meillassoux,” and “Graham Harman,” Meillassoux Dictionary. Edited by Peter Gratton and Paul Ennis. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press (2014).
- “Différance,” “Jacques Derrida,” “Deconstruction,”and “Post-Structuralism,” Jean-Luc Nancy Dictionary. Edited by Marie-Eve Morin and Peter Gratton. Edinburgh University Press (2015).
- Review of Sina Kramer’s Excluded Within. PhiloSOPHIA: A Journal of Continental Feminism (forthcoming)
- Review of Peter Gordon’s Adorno and Existence. Adorno Studies, 1, no. 2 (July 2018): 1-6.
- "A Compelling Ontology of Wildness for Conservation Ecology." A review of Jamie Lorimer, Wildlife in the Anthropocene: Conservation after Nature." Postmodern Culture, vol. 26 no. 2, 2016.
- Speculative Realism: Problems and Prospects. By Peter Gratton. Symposium. http://www.c-scp.org/en/2015/06/12/peter-gratton-speculative-realism.html, June 12, 2015.
- Bestial Traces: Race, Sexuality, Animality. By Christopher Peterson. Oxford Literary Review. Volume 37, no 1 (July 2015): 153-157.
- Derrida and The Inheritance of Democracy. By Samir Haddad. International Philosophical Quarterly 55, no 1 (March 2015): 130-132.
- Derrida and Our Animal Others: Derrida’s Final Seminar, ‘The Beast and The Sovereign’. By David Ferrell Krell. Derrida Today 7, no. 2 (November 2014): 225-230.
Online Academic Writings
- “It’s the Indifferent Universe that Brings Us Together” EnvironmentalCritique.wordpress.com, January 19, 2015.
- “‘It is what it is’ or things T. W. Adorno would have hated.” EnvironmentalCritique.wordpress.com, August 25, 2014.
- “Some Thoughts on Anthropocentrism,” co-authored with Jon ElmoreEnvironmentalCritique.wordpress.com, October 18, 2013.
- “Adventures In Realist Magic,” EnvironmentalCritique.wordpress.com, June 20, 2013.
- “Famished Thoughts: The Philosophical Strangeness of Gut Flora,” EnvironmentalCritique.wordpress.com, December 4, 2012.
- “The Marxist Green Lantern Confronts the Menace of Runaway Capital,” EnvironmentalCritique.wordpress.com, May 22, 2012.
- “Some Foolish Thoughts Concerning Objects,” EnvironmentalCritique.wordpress.com, February 15, 2012.
- “Explaining Object Oriented Ontology to Your Non-OOO Friends,” EnvironmentalCritique.wordpress.com, December 29, 2011.