Books and Journals
- Co-edited with David Clines and David Gunn, Art and Meaning: Rhetoric in Biblical Literature (Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press) 1982.
- Co-authored with Russell Gregory, From Carmel to Horeb: Elijah in Crisis, volume 19 in the Bible and Literature Series, (Sheffield: Almond Press) 1990.
- Co-authored with Duane F. Watson, Rhetorical Criticism of the Bible: A Comprehensive Bibliography With Notes on History and Method (Leiden: E.J. Brill) 1994.
- Co-edited with Duane F. Watson, A History of Biblical Interpretation: Volume 1: The Ancient Period (Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans Press) 2003.
- Senior Editor of the Journal Currents in Biblical Research. (SAGE Publications).
- Edited Recent Research on the Major Prophets (Sheffield Pheonix Press) 2008.
- Co-edited with Duane F. Watson, A History of Biblical Interpretation, Volume 2: The Medieval through Reformation Periods (Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans Press) 2009.
- "Sisera" entry for the Anchor Bible Dictionary (New York: Doubleday) 1992.
- "Norman Karol Gottwald" entry for the Dictionary of Biblical Interpretation (Nashville: Abingdon Press) 1999.
- "Tamar," "Jael," "Nabal," and "Sisera" entries for the Eerdmans Bible Dictionary (Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans Press) 2000.
Current Research Interest
Hauser is the Senior Editor of Currents in Biblical Research, a journal published in England by SAGE Publications. The journal, which comes out in three issues per year, publishes articles by international experts that deal with contemporary research on particular biblical books or clusters of books, on specific methodologies of doing biblical interpretation, and on associated topics, such as trends in Near Eastern archeology, studies on Philo and Josephus, studies on Jewish Halachah, etc. The journal also has a series of supplement volumes, including one on the books of the major prophets, one on the books of the minor prophets, a three volume work on feminist criticism, and volumes on contemporary studies of the historical Jesus. The series of supplement volumes is published by Sheffield Phoenix Press.
Hauser is co-editing, with Duane F. Watson of Malone College, the five volume work A History of Biblical Interpretation. The first volume, treating the ancient period, was published in November 2003. Volume 2, which will treat medieval and renaissance periods, was published in 2009. One of the unique features of this five volume set is that it will strive to be as inclusive as possible. For example, volume two will contain extensive articles on medieval Jewish interpretation, a topic often treated only very lightly in histories of biblical interpretation. There will also be an article on Eastern Orthodox interpretation. Volume 5, the last to be published, will survey the wide variety of interpretive methods and perspectives that have arisen in the past several decades.